So I hope that this video does not bore you, I was actually amazed by the whales. I found it on youtube while looking for video's on whales because Joshua is going to talk about them at the Homeschool Showcase in a few weeks. As we were being amazed Joshua says, "I don't see what the big deal is!" I responded by reminding him that have not yet trained our dog to master the command "sit" and here these thousand pound Killer Whales are doing back flips and swimming with people in their mouths. I would say that is amazing...see what you think!
Of course after being amazed I thought it would be wise to balance out our amazement with a little reality check. Indeed Shamu is a Killer Whale, it says it right on his resume, so it should come as no suprise that Shamu's friend Tilicum has recently killed his third trainer...here is some footage about that.
If you want to learn more about whales come to the Homeschool Showcase and listen as Joshua and Moses will explain how a whale stays warm in cold water. Hopefully they will speak loud enough for you to hear and remember just how it is that they do stay warm, if not they will still be awful cute!
No comments:
Post a Comment