background

Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Friday or Sooner

Yesterday was my weekly doctors appointment. I was glad to know that I was supposed to see my regular doctor because I had seen another one for the last two weeks. After waiting in the waiting room and than being called back to the exam room and hearing my doctors voice in the hallway the nurse comes in and tells me that my doctor had been called out on an emergency c-section and asked if I would like to see someone else. I had already been sitting in the room for a while dressed down from the waist and was eager to just be done so I said that would be fine too. She came back in just a little bit and said there were no physicians in the office at that time, lunch time,and that I could come back the next day. No thank you, I am driving 3 hours round trip and that is just not easy. She than suggested that I could come back in an hour and see my doctor who would be back by then. That was more like it!

I came back in an hour and was fit right in. It was so good to see my doctor! I really trust her with myself. She wanted to check me to see how dilated I was, I was a 3 the week before. Her eyes got really big and she said "Whoa, you are a 4 and 90% effaced and his head is right there! What are we gonna do?" She offered to give me an amnio, where they stick the needle in your tummy and pull out amniotic fluid and test it to see if baby's lungs are ready, and start labor. She said that it would take very little to start labor and that when I go...I am gonna go FAST. My body has done so much homework ahead of time I am almost halfway through labor already! Exciting but scary!!!

I knew that Joe would appreciate me being induced and not having to drive me in labor to Yakima but I had really been hoping to go into labor naturally and just the idea of that needle seemed silly if I only had to wait two days and she would induce me then with out the amnio. The only reason she wanted to do it is because I was 2 days shy of being 2 weeks early and it is just a liability issue. I asked if she would let me go till Friday and I would return and she could than get labor started. She was o.k. with that but again said that when labor hits it will be hard and fast.

So now I am dealing with a little fear, a little nervousness and lots of questions. I am supposed to return if I have any contractions but the thing is I have contractions almost every hour, sometimes many every hour and I have been doing this for 10 weeks. I realize that I am walking a fine line here and do not want to deliver a baby on the side of the highway, I really like my epidural :) and would not want my dear husband to be put in such a desperate situation. So I sit and ponder.

I feel great right now. I am hopeful that tomorrow will speed by and Friday morning we will drop off kids at grandparents and head off to Yakima for a great labor and delivery. Baby boy is good and ready and his movements are precious to me as I know that this time of him inside of me is coming to an end very soon. I am excited to hold him in my arms and smell his sweet breath and know that he is safe.

No comments:

Post a Comment