It is almost midnight and am I in my cozy bed or sitting in this stiff chair typing away? The house was quiet and I was online searching for good books to get for Heaven. We are a book loving family and books are top on the list for gifts for many reasons. They are easy to store and when you are wall to wall beds and dressers a book is a good thing. They can be a great tool for encouragement, inspiration and character building. We stay away from romance, any type of disrespect against authority and I frown on "just to pass the time" books. (Dr. Seuss drives me crazy! If I am going to sit down with my children and read I want them to learn more than made up rhyming words!) I like a couple of different sites. One is Books on the Path and another is Grace and Truth Books. Check them out if you want to fill up your bookshelves with wholesome books.
I also stumbled upon some great music, I love music and my children do also. I am always looking for good music that does more than rhyme. I love Kieth Green he is tops for sound and message in one, also Sons of Korah are the only band that can actually put straight scripture to music and it sound right. I love their sound and love hearing my children sing scripture or hearing scripture that they can finish quoting because they have grown up with Sons of Korah. I would also recommend Judy Rogers for the same reasons. Her music is soothing, her music sounds Celtic which I love and the words to her songs are also scripture based. I am encouraged every time I listen to these three. I am also recommending these guys Steve and Danny Thompson. They are two brothers who just put out a CD and although I have not yet heard the whole CD I am already loving them. I am definitely going to purchase one soon!
No comments:
Post a Comment