What we thought would take 6 months to finish has now become a two year project...and counting :) But that is OK. My husband is doing this in his "spare time"...
When we first looked at it and thought 6 months of hard work and we'll be in. It was completely gutted, Joe even had to pour some of the foundation. There was just dirt and walls. Well that was 2 years ago. There are so SO sO SOOO many codes, so many rules and regulations. Joe has had to do and re-do and tear down and put back up just enough times to be quite irritated. I don't blame him.
I don't think Pa Ingles asked for a building permit or had to have his ceiling be a certain number of feet above his toilet when he built the house on plumb creek. Makes you realize what a bunch of commies we have become. But on the bright side we won't bump our head on the ceiling if we jump off of the toilet!
The side of the house. Because the back part is stick built we can add on later if we want.
Wow this looks like a junk yard. Well we bought it looking like a junk yard and added a little more junk to it. It will soon look like a garden paradise and the building is coming down, I think I'll keep some of the old wood for some project though.
The front door, covered deck on 3 sides of the house, picture lavender and hollyhocks...
This is the back of the house, I plan on getting a clothes line right out here first thing!
You just came in the back door and are now entering the kitchen/dining. See how long and open it will be!
My laundry closet is in the kitchen, now I will never lose track of laundry! Hooray!
The girl room. 4 windows in all!
This is our room. 4 walls and a window. The GREAT part is there is a great walk in closet with a window, perfect for a baby to take naps in and still plenty of room for clothes etc.
This is the front door leading into the family room.
This is the family room, it will have a whole wall of just books, another wall the piano and than of course seating. ( No T.V.)
This will be where we dine, the kitchen runs into the dining room. This will make hospitality easier with more room.
Now you are entering the Boy 's dorm, looking toward the bathroom. We can squeeze a double bed on one side of the door and a single bed on the other.
At the top of the stairs, the boy's dorm.
This is the boy's bathroom, upstairs. Just basics. Shower, toilet and sink with storage. Ideally I wanted a laundry shoot but their was a code against boys bathrooms having laundry shoots :)




The house looks great Messenger Family! Great work Mr. Messenger and crew, well worth it in the end. I am sure that you are all excited to get it finished and move in.
ReplyDeleteWell Thanks Mrs. Mary! We are really excited to get in, I go to bed at night dreaming about where to put flower gardens and fruit tree's. We are praying that we will be there by summer!
ReplyDelete