background

Friday, February 5, 2010

This was e-mailed to me yesterday from my precious sister-in-law. I was so touched by it and so encouraged. Here is what she wrote.

"This morning I was reading the story in Luke where Jesus and the disciples get caught in a storm while crossing a lake by boat. While Jesus is sleeping, the disciples are freaking out, saying we are going to die. Then, Jesus rebukes the wind and calms the waves and says to the disciples, “Where is your faith?” After reading that, I thought I am just like those disciples. I am panicking and worrying about all of the changing details with this adoption and wondering how is this possibly going to work and how are we possibly going to pay for this and Jesus is saying “Where is your faith?” Hasn’t He shown his faithfulness throughout this process? Isn’t He able to do far more than we can think or imagine? Yes! So, once again, I am brought to the place where all I can do is trust that God is in control and His ways are best. And thank God that it isn’t left up to me to work everything out, because I know I would make a huge mess of it on my own. "

We are in the middle of the unknown storm left to wonder what will become of B and the baby boy. It is easy to get scared and wonder, to try and guess or to worry. It is hard to look into the unknown and have perfect piece even though we know that God is good and that His ways are best, I am just like the disciples and no better. I have seen His miracles, lived off of His provisions and yet here I am in a storm and I am scared, worried and left wondering. I am ready for the storm to blow over, so very ready.

No comments:

Post a Comment