background

Friday, June 4, 2010

GIRL PARTIES




Tomorrow morning I am going to a baby shower. I am taking my two daughters and calling it a girl party. No boys coming! Living in a house bursting with boys, us girls really get excited about our little girl parties. We will dress up really pretty, fix our hair and leave the boys to make lunch for themselves.

When I found out that I am having another boy, due in September, my first words and reaction was to giggle and say," That little stinker, he was supposed to be a girl!" No, of course he was not really and don't read into that comment, I was not disappointed I just really thought that he would be a she. I love my boys! It is so special to have girls though, to have girl parties with boys just would not be the same!

So I have made a a decision that I need to really make it priority to embrace the two little girls and all the opportunities that come with girls. Like lip gloss and smelly goods! Like dresses and braids and tea parties! Like pink and purple and lace and bows. Like baby dolls and stuffed puppy dogs and doll houses...ahhh yes girls are different than boys and because we are so very out numbered, 7-3, we really do have to work for our girl time. If these are the only two daughters that GOD gives to me than I can't help but just want to go a little overboard with the girl stuff. Why not?

Fertility, pregnancy, being a woman, being a girl...My two daughters and I will enjoy our time out together fellowship with other mothers and daughters, talking babies! Babies, how precious, boy or girl...just precious! I know that fertility and being a woman do not come hand in hand, that many woman ache to feel life inside of them, I know that I am blessed beyond measure to feel life inside of me, not once not twice but this is my 7Th pregnancy. Boasting? No. Rejoicing? Yes! So Mary El lens baby shower for her 7Th or 8Th child tomorrow, here we come to celebrate!

No comments:

Post a Comment