We snapped this picture of Moses, almost 6 years old, playing in the tire swing at the rock house property. We are making baby steps, tiny little baby steps towards getting it put together so we can move in. It will be so nice when we finally get running water in the house to drink and a toilet that will flush over there, perhaps then we will be able to spend longer than an hour or two before someone say, "Mom! I have to go potty!" . This morning we weeded out the raspberries that are looking quite happy and the hoed out the corn. I am a little disappointed with how the corn popped up...not really in rows nor did we utilize the space. For the past few years we have really tried to do this whole gardening thing, neither Joe or I knew anything but the basics. Dig, plant, water...how hard could that be??? Not as easy as we thought. I dream of having the perfect garden, straight rows, a sweet little path, a bird bath and flowers...of course there are not any weeds because every morning I wake up early and weed. This year my garden is not quite what I envisioned, nor even close. However we will have some corn, maybe some potatoes if the gray diggers don't eat them all, and again those pesky little critters have done a work on our mounds of Amish melon and sweet meat squash. The cantaloupe is no more, four mounds with three seeds planted in each one and nothing...not a thing!!! We do seem to be having a bumper chive season though, yes they look great!!!
Oh well there is always next year for the garden, it is fun to read and learn new techniques and I believe that someday I will have my garden and when I do you can come and sit under my grape vine terrace in the porch swing and we can drink sweet tea and watch the birds come take their baths and rest our senses on the landscaped flowers and vegetables. Of course I won't send you home empty handed, I will grab a bag and pick some lettuce and raspberries, asparagus and a bouquet of flowers for your own kitchen table. Yes someday come visit me!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment