background

Sunday, February 13, 2011




Joe bought me an Apple computer, it is really great and it takes up less space and looks really fancy. It is tuff also, I accidentally dropped the whole thing onto our tile floor and it is still working just great. It was an awful incident that made me cry because I thought Joe would be so upset. Heaven was in the room when it happened and I just started to pray, out loud. I really could not imagine it still working, it was a 4 foot drop to the ground. I asked Heaven to pray with me, we prayed, I cried. I picked it back up and it was perfect. Yes, I did tell Joe although I really was not wanting to. His eyes got really big, BIG, but he was so understanding.

So now I have a new computer, and we are just getting to know each other. There are a lot of things we still have not covered like how to upload pictures from my camera. I only have x amount of time that I allow myself to blog and so it might be a while yet before I figure out how to upload pictures. I am hoping to figure that out soon, with my dear husbands help of course.

Heaven, Job and I flew to Salt Lake City, Utah this week and back. Wow, my shoulder aches from carrying Job in the front pack through the airport while carrying a backpack on my back, pulling a suitcase with one arm and carrying my purse in the other. Heaven was very helpful and I don't think it would have been possible to attempt such an adventure without her. She was so sweet and uncontrollably excited to be on her first plane ride. I have quite a few pictures of the clouds that she took, we even flew right over our town and up the gorge seeing the windmills and many familiar towns and landmarks from a birds eye view.

While in Utah we stayed with my sister in her beautiful home, it was such a wonderful thing just to finally see where she lives, how she lives and be apart of it all for a few days. She is a very fun mama to her 18 month old. She is 9 weeks pregnant so she was feeling a little nausea while we were there but I even enjoyed that because I could help her a little too. My nephew and I are best friends now and I think he is probably the smartest 18 month old I have ever been around. Perhaps it is his amazing genes, my sister is a nurse practitioner and my brother in law is a chemical engineer and Evan can talk and tell you when he needs to go potty! So Simeon Courage, your 18 month old cousin is going to be potty trained before you. I guess we should start thinking about doing something about that...perhaps next week?

While in Utah we went to a dinosaur museum and what an amazing thing that was. I really just could not believe the sizes of the fossils. It was amazing and I will be posting pictures as soon as I can. It makes me really want to visit the Creation Museum and learn about it from a biblical world view rather than the 10 million years ago junk.

While I was gone Joe held down the fort. Noah was in charge of laundry and made a great attempt. Joshua remembered to do the sprouts every day. Moses and Micah...??? (hmmm going to have to work on those two :) Simeon and Eve spent one night with Joe's parents and my wonderful mother in law brought my family warm home made bread and dinner on one of the nights. Then on another night my husband did a hot dog roasting party in the wood stove and of course smores too! What a man!!! He was really looking forward to spending that quality 1 on 6 time!

Well being that is it Valentines Day Eve tonight I must get going on my note writing. I want to tape one to Joe's tooth brush. I'll be traditional with a "Be Mine Valentine".

No comments:

Post a Comment