background

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Rock House Updates

It looks pretty much the same on the outside but its going really well on the inside.
This is my kitchen sink area, the windows area really deep so it will be fun to put pretties there to grow. The view is my garden which will be really great for keeping an eye on things. I am used to gardening either at the neighbors house or in this garden which has been 3 miles down the road. Hard to find little moments, this spring will be THE SPRING! The year of gardening has finally come!
Not to brag or anything but like this is seriously at least twice as big as our fridge now and I could not believe it when my husband bought it! We did get a great deal because of the dents you see but really, hello, magnets and pretty pictures will cover those up! This is called child friendly stainless steel because it does not leave finger prints. I am so excited! Do you see the floor is in too! It is going to be really easy to hide dirt, no more foot prints after mama mops!!!
This is the master bedroom closet and Job's room. His crib will fit straight ahead. This will be a nice quiet area for him because he is nestled under the stairs and behind the bathroom to muffle out loud noises-I hope :)
See the nice carpet! A gift from a family member who tore it up and did not want it anymore! What a blessing. I love carpet, its so soft and squishy and warm in the mornings and easy to vacuum.
Upstairs boys loft, its kinda like a space ship. The floor is beautiful and they have great lighting up here. Such neat little spaces too. It will be fun to start scratching this nest.
This is their bathroom, off of their room. They have a shower, sink and toilet.
Again, just different view of the boys space. The square holes in the wall will be crawl spaces and I am trying to talk Joe into making one of them into a sort of play spot for little ones to play. Perhaps he'll change his mind on extras like this when the house is all done. Till then he is like "Are you kidding me??"
The stairs and family room are right off of the kitchen. The hutch was $20 at the Salvation Army. I am going to paint it and put my spices and dishes in it.
Looking from Family room to kitchen, I got the coffee table also at the Salvation Army and plan to sand it down and make it pretty. It has drawers for extra storage.
We also needed couches and found this beautiful one for only $60 at the Salvation Army along with the chair. The dark objects are beautiful book shelves we found at a re-store. We bought three for a great price! I just love that GOD is blessing me with new furniture because what we have now is all handed down and very much loved yet very much on its way out. How fun to start all over in a new house with so many new things :))))
The oven will run of of propane and my washer and dryer will go under the cabinet to your left.
The kitchen with all its appliances and cupboards all costed less than the fridge we bought had we bought it at Home Depot!
This will clean up to be the master bedroom, again I love the carpet! I think we will be moving soon!!! I have been a patient girl for 3 years and it has all paid off with all this beautiful work!

No comments:

Post a Comment