background

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Terrible Life Update


Proverbs 31:31

Give her of the fruit of her hands; and let her own works praise her in the gates.

Here is what we did, see the sign behind Eve that says, "Eve cleans the bathroom". Now everyone that comes into the bathroom will see how sparkly clean it is and know that Eve did it by herself. Every day she gets to clean the bathroom, we even made her own cleaning solution with vinegar and borax and she chose lavender to scent it with. She is very excited. We also gave her the job of setting the table and let me tell you we were all so impressed tonight. With no help she was climbing on cupboards to get what she wanted, she picked out a table cloth and matched the dishes and even thought it took at least half an hour Joe had trouble believing that she did it all on her own. She is an artist and just needs time to "paint" her jobs.


2 comments:

  1. Way to go Eve...great job.
    I loved reading about 'terrible life', isn't it true that at times we all feel as if everybody else has such a good life and woe is me, if only I.....never stopping to give thanks for all that we do have, and the life we have abundantly in the Lord??? I love that you are using natural products for cleaning, I used to do that all the time, and then somewhere along the way, I got lazy :( but in my heart of hearts that is what I'd like to be using all the time. It is the only way to go :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh! I love that girl! I also love that you see how God has wired that creative little soul and help her to use her gifts to serve the Lord and others with them.
    PS I have made Eleanor 2 skirts since we have been home! The easiest one was from 3 pillowcases! I just laid them flat and cut the pieces from both layers at once. Easy peasy cause you don't need to hem the bottom if you line them up that way :) I will send a picture soon.
    Now Russell has challenged me with making one for myself!

    ReplyDelete